November 20, 2012

Flashbacks
While being at home I've been having flashbacks that I thought I would share with you:

* Denman Ave Baptist Church- at age 7 I sang my first solo in front of the whole congregation " I am promise"
On Sunday I got to hear my former youth pastor preach Bro Kevin Roy. He still preaches with passion, love, and application that I can apply to my life. His sermon reminded me of all the lessons he has instilled in my life. As an adult he still pours into my life.

** Crud wars-- city friends you have never experienced this... You take all kinds of ingredients rotten eggs, milk, ketchup and throw on ppl..(we did this in youth and I loved every minute of it.

***Looking back on my younger days of staying up super late at friends houses for their parents to take us tp(wrapping houses)

Hitting up Sonic for a coke then Driving up and down Timberland thru the Tom Thumb parking lot on a Sat night!!

****SFA wow has my college changed.. They have drive thrus and restaurants now of everything you can imagine.. We had nadda back in the day!!



*****On hwy 94 the popular gas station to go to was Joc Stop(this is right down the street from my house) it's been closed for years. Recently it has reopened w a different name. Why did I love Joc Stop so much bc they had the best ices in town!

*****More to Come
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment